One of the duties of church leaders or executives is to write a welcome or greeting speech for the church as it welcomes both old and new worshippers. It also sets the tone for the message. It’s so fundamental that what is said will be received and understood by every member of the congregation. This is why you have church greetings examples here!
Also, starting a welcome speech with an opening prayer or verse in the bible is a very good idea. You may pick a verse in the Bible you will love to talk about, you may also consider leading the congregation in the prayer that is related to the event. You can now go on to introduce yourself to the congregation before proceeding to the body of the speech. Your speech should not just be an introduction to your service alone, you can include the name of your church, its unique features, and the church’s purpose statement.
In addition, the gathering you are welcoming your guests to is a great determinant of how the welcome speech will be. For instance, if you are having a special Sunday service like a church anniversary or any festive anniversary, your tone should be eudemonia and inspiring and you should also give details about the event, what your audience should expect, how long it is going to take to bring the service to a close.
You can also welcome people worshipping with you for the first time. All these should be done with a smile on your face and you can also gesticulate with open alms, which denote receptiveness and hospitality.
Below is the inspiration you need to craft an appealing and sophisticated welcome address for a church program.
Good Morning Church Greetings
1. Good morning church, my name is (your name), and the name of our church is Julieth, I’m welcoming everyone to church today in the name of the Father, the Son, and the holy spirit.
Having you all here is such a blessing, there is no church without you, thanks so much for coming to church. And I hope you know that God loves you so much, as the Bible tells us in John 3v16, which talks about how God the Father sent his son to die for the sins of you and me so we can live, so no matter what you have done, God still loves you and he still wants you to come to him.
If you need any help, the elders and the evangelism unit are always available to hear you out. And if today happens to be your first time in church, don’t be in a hurry as we have a special package for you. The church mid-week services are held on (days and dates), please do well to join us here or on any of our social media platforms (social media platforms handle). It promises to be an amazing time in God’s presence. Once again, thanks for coming to church, God bless you.
2. Praise God church, I welcome everyone to church on this beautiful morning, my name is (your name), with a smile on your face can you greet your neighbors left and right good morning, it’s so good to be in church today and I’m so excited, I’m sure you are as well. I want to thank God for the privilege to be alive in his presence today, and I also want you to know that no matter what you are going through in life, God is still able and he will do exceedingly abundantly above of we could ever ask or imagine, put your trust in him. I want to especially welcome, wonderful people amongst us today, those are the people worshipping with us for the first time, you are awesome and we love you so much. You are part of us, please relax after the service, we would love to know you more. Don’t forget to join us for our mid-week services which usually come up. On (days, and time), this week is going to be awesome. Can we rise to our feet as we worship God together?
3. Wow, it’s so sweet to be back in God’s presence, good morning brethren, I am (your name) and you are worshipping here in (name of the church), you are all welcome to church this morning and I pray God grant all your heart desires, in the presence of God there is fullness of joy, I want you all to joyfully welcome your neighbors to church this morning. And to all our first-timers, I want to welcome you to a place where friends meet friends and we all meet Jesus. We are family, please feel free to ask questions from any of the officials and pastors, and don’t be in haste after the close of today’s service because we are a package reserved for you. Now it’s time to give God all the praises, can we all rise to our feet and return the glory to God?
Words Of Welcome Before Worship
4. Good morning church, I’m so excited to be in church today and I’m so blessed to be seeing the beautiful and handsome faces before me, my name is ( your name), and I welcome you to church today, may the lord bless everything that concerns you. According to Hebrew 13v2, it says, do not neglect hospitality to strangers for by this some have entertained angels without knowing. I’m using this moment to welcome our first-timers to church today, the name of our church is (name of church), thanks for worshipping with us today, we have prayed you will come and we are glad you have come.
Our hospitality team will be going around with the welcome card, please put up your hand wherever you are so they can easily get to you. We also have a package for you, so don’t be in a rush. Love lives here and let us show love to one another because God is love. Our midweek activities are listed in the bulletin and on our website please feel free to join us. God bless you as you do.
5. Good morning beloved, my name is (your name), with joy and gladness in my heart, I want to welcome every one of us to church today, it’s a good thing to be in God’s presence, in his presence, there is love, joy, blessings, open doors, and many good things. As we start today’s service, I would love to encourage you all to cast your care on Jesus because he is the only one who can give a solution to everything we are facing. John 11v28 Come unto me ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Please don’t let’s give room for any form of distraction, if your cell phone is on, I will advise you to switch it off.
I want to welcome wonderful people among us today, if you are worshipping with us for the very first time, we would love to meet with you after today’s service, please don’t be in a hurry. It’s time to worship God in his beauty and holiness, Psalms 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
6. I’m so honored to be in the front of this great congregation this morning and I want to sincerely welcome everyone back to church, we are so blessed to have you here and I pray the lord will continue to strengthen and uphold you. Philippians 4v13, I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me, I want us to know that there is nothing we can do on our own or by ourselves, so we should always involve God in everything we are doing. If you have any questions as regards this or any other thing bothering your man, you can reach out to pastors and elders in the church. To our first-timer, I want to say a very big thank you.
We appreciate your coming and we pray the lord will never leave you. Today you are a stranger, next week you are our family, please don’t stop coming we love you so much. Our hospitality team would love to meet you at the t end of today’s service please do well to stay back. It’s time for praise and worship, come on rise to your feet everyone, as we give thanks to our God.
Relevant topic: importance of giving in a church
Welcome Speech For Church Example
7. Good morning beloved, I want to welcome us all to church on this glorious day. The name of our church is (name of the church) and I’m so glad to have you here. It’s a good thing to be in God’s presence, and there are many advantages in God’s presence, as you have come today, James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. I pray God will grant all your wishes in Jesus’s name.
And to our first timer, I want to especially welcome you to church today, you are the answer to our prayer and and answer to our call. We want you to know that you are the best thing to ever happen to us in today’s service. We love and celebrate your coming, please wait behind at the end of the service as we would love to meet you. Once again, welcome to your home church.
8. Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Good morning lover of God, I’m so excited to see you all here, I go by the name (your name), and I want to welcome you all to the name of the church), this is a place where love lives, God is here and I pray he will never stop manifesting his power in our lives.
There is going to be a special program after today’s service, so I urge all to please don’t rush home. I’m also welcoming some set of wonderful people among us today, those joining us for the very first time, we eulogize your coming, we do know you have countless choices that is why we are saying a very big thank you for choosing us. We will see you at the close of today’s service, please don’t be in a hurry. Psalms 30:12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee forever. It’s time to give God praise, brethren.
9. Praise God church, good morning to you my brothers and sisters, it’s my pleasure to welcome you all to church today, James 1:8 A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways, I want to encourage you to put all your trust in God because there is nothing we can do without the help of God, it’s going to be an amazing time in God’s presence, take away all sort of distractions and be ready to receive from God, our first timers, thanks for worshipping with us, God bless and increase you always, please we will love to have a short service with you after today’s service, our hospitality team will be waiting to have you. Once again, welcome to church.
Relevant topic: prayer for pastors
Welcome Speech For Church Examples
10. Good day everyone, and happy Sunday to you all, I would like to welcome you all on behalf of the church today as we gather to give thanks to God and learn under his feet. My name is (your name), and I welcome every one of us to (name of the church), Deuteronomy 11:1 Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God and keep his charge and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, always, in everything we do let’s not forget the love of God. If you have any questions about this Bible reference or any other questions, please don’t hesitate to see our pastor.
I can’t do without recognizing our amazing first-timers, thank you for worshipping with us, God bless you. Please wait behind after the service, we would love to know you more. Our mid-week service will be held virtually this week, please join us on our social media platforms (the social media handle), trust me it will be worth any penny. Welcome to church, God loves you.
11. Happy Sunday brethren, I would like to extend a few words of welcome before worship, my name is (your name), and I want to thank you for gathering here for this wonderful occasion in God’s presence. As we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
The service promises to be an amazing one as our choir, drama unit and our dance crew have great performances today. So I will encourage us not to be in a rush. Our first-timers, we love you, thanks for coming. We are family, we are one, please do well to write your details in the leaflet that our ushers shall be passing around. We may close a bit later than usual today because it’s a special service. Sit back and enjoy God’s blessings, welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
12. Good morning everyone, we are so happy to see you in the church today, thanks for taking the time to celebrate with us today which happens to be the 10th anniversary of (name of church). 1 Thessalonians 2:20 For ye are our glory and Joy, we wouldn’t have had a church without its worshippers, a hundred of thanks to you all, you are wonderful, God bless you all. If today is your first time worshipping with us, we will be happy to meet with you after the service.
Our weekly meeting is held on (days and time), please do well to come, your life will not remain the same. Psalms 32:11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.it’s time to celebrate God’s faithfulness to us. Let us welcome our chair as they lead you in praises.
Relevant topic: messages for pastor’s appreciation
Church Greetings and Welcome
13. Psalms 32:11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart. Psalms 71:23 My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed. With great joy in my heart, I welcome every one of us to church today. It’s so lovely to see smiling faces filled with the joy of the lord this morning, no amount of words can express how happy I am to be worshipping with you in this holy place today. I pray the lord blesses us all and grants our heart desire as we celebrate his resurrection today. Thanks to all our timers, we are so excited to see you, please don’t rush home we have a package reserved for you. Our weekly program will hold on (days and times), it promises to be awesome, make it a day with Jesus. Once again, thank you for gathering today, and welcome to church.
14. We welcome everyone to church this morning, good morning to you all. On behalf of the senior pastor, I want to say a very big thank you to you all for coming to church today, today is a special day for us, we have been waiting for this day and we are grateful to God for the privilege to witness it. Today service is going to be extraordinary. For those of you who are here for the first time, let me give greetings to you all, I want you to know that we care about you and your family as a congregation of God’s people, we don’t only provide spiritual nourishment we also provide practical assistance.
So feel free to reach out to us if you need any help. We are called to love one another, John 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another. And Ephesians 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savor.Thanks for coming and I pray the lord be with you.
15. Jonah 2:9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord. It’s such a privilege to be in God’s presence, my name is (your name), and I would like to welcome brothers and sisters to church this morning, I’m so blessed to be standing before you this morning, Psalms 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
It’s the church anniversary so let’s give thanks to God today for his faithfulness over our lives and the church. If you are worshipping with us for the first time, the note will be passed around, please help us fill in your details, we would love to see you again, thanks for coming, and may God continue to bless you throughout your time with us. Our Bible study will be held tomorrow (time), to be somewhere else is to be somewhere less. Don’t be told, be there. It’s time to lift our voices up to heaven in songs.
Relevant topic: quotes about sharing and giving