It may not come easy for you to give gifts to your pastors and leaders but you can always offer prayers to God on their behalves. Your prayer increases the effectiveness and efficiency of your pastor in serving God and serving you as well.
To pray for your pastor is to pray for yourself. Your prayers make them fit to minister the mind of God to you and usher you into God’s heritage and destiny for your life.
Prayer for pastors and leaders must always be a duty to be committed to daily. A lot happens when you do this on their behalves even without their awareness. You will hardly see pastors and leaders do well in any area without someone or some set of people touching heaven for them both when it’s convenient and when it’s not convenient. Your prayers go a long way even more than what you can imagine.
Intercessory Prayer for Church Leaders
You will hardly find leaders that genuine prayers are being made on their behalves and yet go the wrong way without repenting. Intercession for pastors and leaders is the shield of the church over them to protect them from the onslaught of the wicked ones.
Intercessory prayers for pastors and leaders will help you to know how to navigate when standing in the gap to fight on behalf of your pastors and allow you to keep conquering battles for them knowingly and unknowingly. Through this, you ease the burdens upon them and you will be surprised to see your pastors going from strength to strength and becoming stronger all the time.
1. Whatever might be the thoughts of the evil ones over their lives shall not manifest in the name of Jesus. The thoughts of the wicked ones are nullified.
2. Guide them in all they do, and light their paths so that they will never be confused in their journeys here on Earth until they see your face in glory. Amen.
3. I pray that you will put to confusion the schemes of the enemies and their merchandise. Whatever is not in consonance with your plan and purpose for their lives shall not take place in their lives.
4. In your tender mercies, never allow them to go astray in the path you have laid down for them to walk in and lead your people.
5. I cast out every power or grip of fear that may seek to take hold of their souls. They shall walk in peace and shall not be afraid when evil comes in the name of Jesus the Lord.
6. Father Lord continue to work within and without them until they are like you in all areas so that their lives will show forth your glory and be an encouragement to others in the name of Jesus.
7. Prosper them in all they do, whatever they lay their hands on shall prosper. They shall not labor in vain neither will they give birth to troubles.
8. I rebuke every spirit of pride that can cause them to think they’re enough without you. The spirit of the antichrist shall not have an influence over them.
9. Let your love continue to abound much more and more in their hearts no matter what comes their way. Their love for you shall not wax cold in the name of Jesus.
10. Increase them in all areas, causing them to continue to grow from grace to grace, glory to glory, peace to peace, increase to increase, anointing to anointing in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Intercessory Prayers for Pastors
11. Let every demonic manifestation that may be seeking ways to destroy them catch fire and be rendered useless in the name of Jesus.
12. I bound every manifestation of the familiar spirit that may be trying to seek expression in their lives and take the place of true ministry God has given them.
13. Every power tormenting them in the area of finance receives judgment in the name of the Lord. They shall not lack in their finances.
14. I break and destroy everything that has been done in the kingdom of darkness over their lives and ministries in the name of Jesus.
15. Every shackle of delay, reproaches, and stagnation concerning them by the blood of the lamb is being destroyed in the name of the Lord.
16. Rescue them always from every evil plan that has been planned ahead of them knowingly and unknowingly in the name of Jesus.
17. I fight against all forces hindering them from going higher to the next level you are taking them to in Jesus’ name.
18. I silent every accusation either true or false concerning them by the blood of the lamb in the name of Jesus.
19. In lifting, they are lifted, they shall continually break forth regardless of the devil’s plans and strategies concerning their lives.
20. I break the teeth of every evil one concerning their lives and families in the name of Jesus.
Related topic: words of blessing for a friend
Short Prayers for Pastors
Trust me, I will be taking you through short prayers for pastors which will enable you to pray for them regardless of how busy you might be. The fact that it’s short doesn’t mean it won’t be answered or accepted. Short prayers for pastors are forms of prayers like petitions and reminding God of His faithfulness and loving-kindness on their behalf.
It doesn’t take much time when it comes to short prayers for pastors regardless of where you might be, it’s just all about your faith and your heart connection to be able to make it effective.
21. Let them be more sensitive in all times and seasons so that they will know your will for their lives.
22. Let your glory always shine over them and make their light shine throughout the whole world.
23. Show them your loving kindness always and let not your mercy depart from their lives in the name of Jesus.
24. Bless them always spiritually, financially, and in all areas of their lives. They shall not be barren of good works in the name of Jesus.
25. Strengthen them always amid challenges and give them the fortitude to forge ahead in the name of Jesus.
26. Do a new thing in their lives and make the old works come to an end. Just as your mercy is new every morning, make all things new in their lives.
27. Let your love always abound much more in them and through them, your love will be shed abroad in their hearts.
28. Let their lives be a testimony of your promise so every eye shall see it and glorify you who is in heaven.
29. Heal them from all wounds and injuries they might have sustained in course of the assignment you have committed into their hands.
30. Empower them more to be able to fulfill the tasks ahead and bring them safely to their promised land in the name of Jesus.
Related topic: prayer for sound sleep and healing
Scriptures to Pray for Pastors
It’s so much important to always pray for our pastor because that’s God’s will and when you pray with the understanding of the word of God and faith there’s nothing that can stop it from not being answered, that’s why scriptures to pray for pastors are made available for you on this page.
31. Help them to be so much more fervent for you and remain relevant in your agenda for their lives.
32. Lord Almighty give generously unto them your wisdom to be able to lead and direct the people on the right path.
33. Grant them the grace to be strong in you and the power of your might so that nothing makes you weak in the name of Jesus.
34. Lord almighty, help them to be more disciplined to keep them under control, lest after preaching to others they should be disqualified.
35. Help them to focus on the Word of God and walk in the fear of the Lord in holiness and righteousness all the days of their lives.
Pray For Your Spiritual Leaders Bible Verse
36. “O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days” (Psalms 90:14).
37. “And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it” (Psalms 90:17).
38. “With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation” (Psalms 91:16).
39. “Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me” (Psalms 92:11).
40. “But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of a unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil” (Psalms 92:10).
41. “With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation” (Psalms 91:16).
42. “There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling” (Psalms 91:10).
Scriptural Prayer for Pastors and Leaders
43. Help them to always walk by faith, not just their senses. (2 Corinthians 5 vs 7).
44. Father Lord, always comfort them at all sides, so that they may be able to extend the comfort to those following them. (2 Corinthians 1: 4).
45. Bless my church leaders with wisdom and understanding for them to be able to lead those following them (James 1:5).
46. Grant unto them the ears that hear and heart that obeys at all times. Amen.
47. Empower them to hold fast to Your faithful Word so that they will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict themselves (Titus 1:7-9).
48. Help them to do your work both when it’s convenient and when not convenient (2 Timothy 4:2).
49. Help them to be thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:17).