Sleep is vital to our health and the proper function of our body every day. Sometimes, we find it very difficult to observe proper sleep due to the anxieties we transported from the daytime to the nighttime. This is can result in someone falling sick or developing fatigues bodily. Beautiful nighttime prayer helps you get refreshed and ready for the task of the next day.
Lack of proper sleep is a form of sickness that you should seek healing from in case you are experiencing such. God is often the best healer. If you offer the prayer for sleep and healing to Him, you can trust Him to have a sound sleep like a baby.
At the close of the day, you ought to go to bed with the attitude of thanksgiving, appreciating God for helping you end the day in peace and joy. This is important because, if the day does not end well, sound sleep cannot be assured at night. This should make you offer this simple and best prayer before sleep.
Regardless of what you might have suffered during the day, prayer, before you go to sleep, will revive your faith and help you to sleep in peace very soundly.
Are you looking for a prayer to sleep well and get healed? Here are powerful prayer points before sleeping. Engage these prayers in faith, and you will enjoy sound sleep like never before.
- Thanksgiving Prayer Before Sleeping
- Sweet Sleep Scriptures
- Bible Verses To Help Me Sleep
- Prayer Against Spirit of Sleeplessness
- Prayer Before Going To Sleep
- Short Prayer Before Sleep
- Prayer To Sleep Well At Night
- Pray Before Sleep Quotes
- Psalm To Read Before Sleeping
- Prayer To Recite Before Sleeping Christian
Thanksgiving Prayer Before Sleeping
Thanksgiving prayer is done to honor God for His protection and care given to you to go through the day with ease and peace. This is part and parcel of prayer for sleep and healing.
There are many things to be grateful to God for every day. The gift of life, His love, mercy, grace, favor, and protection are a few of the manifold blessings of God towards you. Look back to the daily benefits you obtain from God and give thanks to Him continually with this gratitude prayer before sleep.
1. Oh Lord, I thank you for keeping and protecting me throughout the day, I’m grateful for your unthinkable kindness towards me. Be lifted forevermore! Amen.
2. Lord, I’m so blessed to be part of your creatures whom you have loved and have shown care for. Thank you for the beauty that surrounds my life and family.
3. Dear Lord, I come before you tonight with a heart of thanksgiving, so that I may show my gratitude to you for being there for me always. I praise your Holy and wonderful name this night for the benefits with which you loaded me, my family members, and my friends today and in times past. Thank you for everything you do in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
4. Father of heaven and the earth, thank you for another wonderful and blessed day you gave to me. Thank you, Lord, for your sustenance throughout the day and for guiding my footsteps, you alone are worthy of my praise.
5. Dear God, I thank you because you made my hope come alive and gave me the reality of my aspirations, Despite the hustle, I am still among the living who will give you praise at the close of the day.
6. Thank you for answering my prayers today, thank you for not turning away my supplications, and thank you for your mercy that answers the prayers that I prayed in the morning.
7. In my distress, I called upon you and you showed up for me. When all around my soul gave way, you were the one I called and you stood by me. How can I repay you Lord for everything you have done for me? I bring a sacrifice of praise to you this night, my Lord in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
8. I thank you, Lord, for who you are. I am very grateful Lord for opening your hands and for satisfying my desire today.
9. Thank you for your hands that hold me together today, when I needed you. Thank you for every bit of love, mercy, and grace that was shown to me even though I do not deserve it. Your faithfulness kept me even in my suffering. To you alone be the glory!
10. Father, I worship you for the love that you bestow upon me throughout my journey today and bring me back under the shadow of your love to rest upon. Honor and adoration be to your name. Amen.
Sweet Sleep Scriptures
God’s words are living, active, and powerful. They are the only thing that can bring to us true peace in this life both in the day and at night.
If you find yourself having fearful thoughts, or you are even going through a difficult time, or you are even having an overwhelming feeling at night, here are some Bible verses for sleep that might help for healing and peace. Allow these bible prayers before sleep scriptures to permeate your souls and you will have perfect peace.
11. “Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you”(1 Peter 5:7).
12. “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things…and the God of peace will be with you” (Philippians 4:8-9).
13. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30).
14. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).
15. “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strengths” (Isaiah 30:15).
16. “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weaknesses. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans” (Romans 8:26).
17. “When you lie down, you will not be afraid, when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet” (Proverbs 3:24).
18. “I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me” (Psalm 3:5).
19. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today” (Matthew 6:34).
20. “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety” (Psalm 4:8).
Useful Topic: prophetic prayers to start your day
Bible Verses To Help Me Sleep
21. “In peace, I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD will keep me safe” (Psalm 4:8).
22. “I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me” (Psalm 3:5).
23. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls” (Matthew 11:28-29).
24. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today” (Matthew 6:34).
25. “Be still, and know that I am God”. (Psalm 46:10).
26. “Return to your rest, my soul, for the LORD has been good to you” (Psalm 116:7).
27. “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety” (Psalm 4:8).
28. “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you” (Peter 5:7).
29. “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most-High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways” (Psalm 91:1,5,11).
30. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today” (Matthew 6:34).
Prayer Against Spirit of Sleeplessness
Prayer against the spirit of sleeplessness is a powerful way to get the rest you need at bedtime. It helps to find the peace you need to relieve yourself from stress and help to restore your body from a restless day.
These strong spiritual prayers for sleep will help to reinforce your spiritual strength and place the armor of God on you as you sleep. It is my custom to say a short prayer before I sleep, make yours too.
31. God of enduring faithfulness, I come before You tonight sleepless and weary. My sleep has become so difficult for me and it has started affecting my health. For this reason, I am praying according to the promise You have given me in your word back to You. You have told me You will give Your beloved sleep. Faithful God, I cry out to You, asking for You to bring this beloved one of yours the rest that I need in the name of Jesus. Amen.
32. I come against every chain tying me down from my sleep, break, and shatter in the Name of Jesus. Amen.
33. I refuse to be oppressed during sleep. Every venom or poison injected into my body during sleep be drained out by the power that is in the blood of Jesus.
34. I command the judgment of God upon all weapons of oppression and destruction. Holy Ghost fire, nullify them! I decree peaceful and sound sleep in the name of Jesus.
35. O Mighty God, I stand in Your presence, because of the price that Jesus paid for me. Tonight Lord, I choose to trust in the promise that when I lie down, I will not be afraid; and that my sleep will be unhindered. I come against any fears or worries that may be hindering my sleep. Gracious God, bring Your rest to my soul.
36. On the authority of Your Word, I close any inlet the enemy is using to cause insomnia. In Jesus’ Name, I command all evil to go right now. I pray for sweet sleep as I close my eyes.
37. Heavenly Father, as the enemy wants to attack me and stop me from sleeping, I speak confusion into his camp. For I have the Spirit of Christ in me which means I have supernatural peace. Fill me up with that peace now. Calm my mind and my heart, Lord. My sleep shall be complete in the name of Jesus.
38. Dear God, as the enemy looks to rob me of sleep, rescue me now from his attacks. You never sleep, nor slumber, and that means You will watch over me as I sleep. I put my trust in You to end any sleeplessness In the name of Jesus.
39. The plans of the enemy will not come to pass over my life, for You are my Refuge. The righteous have never been forsaken. Your promise for a peaceful sleep is mine and I rest on it now in Jesus’ name.
40. Sleeplessness has no power over me for I belong to You and I am a child of God! I am blessed and highly favored! I am more than a conqueror and that includes a victory over insomnia In Jesus’ name.
Prayer Before Going To Sleep
When it comes to bedtime after activities of the day, saying prayers helps put our faith and trust in the Lord for the journey of the night. A prayer before sleeping is so vital, do it often.
41. God thank you for the journey of today, you are always there to save me when I step on stones. As I want to go to sleep go with me and guide me with your guiding angels in Jesus’ name I pray.
42. As I sleep tonight, help me to leave behind the troubles of today and forgive those who have sinned against me. When I wake, let me be reminded that my sins have been forgiven and your mercies are new every morning.
43. Everlasting Father, as today comes to an end, I honor and glorify your name. Thank you for carrying me through this day and protecting me. Now I ask for your grace and protection throughout the night in Jesus’ name.
44. Mighty God, you never sleep nor slumber. My need for rest and sleep reminds me of my limited nature, but you have no limits. I trust you as I sleep because you never cease to watch over me and my loved ones.
45. God, I thank you for everything I have accomplished during this day, you are the giver of strength and energy, as well as the focus and ability to do all the things. As I lie down to sleep, renew my strength and energy to wake up with new focus and ability to do all things my hand laid upon.
46. Thank you Jesus for blessing me with people in my life today who were funny, encouraging, and helpful. Thank you for your favor and care for me throughout the day. And now, I thank you for your sweet rest throughout the night.
47. Lord, you are a God of peace. As my mind keeps replaying the activities of today, and the things other people said and did to me, wondering if I did the wrong thing or said something inappropriate. Help me Lord to relax and release those worries as I cast all my anxieties on you because you genuinely care for me. Bless my sleep and help my mind to relax for sleep to come quickly in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
48. Eternal God, you see everything. I thank you for the gift of the day that is now ending. I pray that you would forgive all the sins I have committed today and that you would keep me safe throughout the night. I commit my whole self, mind, body, and soul to you. Watch over me as I sleep, protect me from evil, and equip me with the strength I need for tomorrow. Amen.
49. Lord, I pray for your protection against all sorts of sleep disruption. Guide me against internal and external things that would bother my sleep, and make my bed be comfortable as I lie down to sleep.
50. Lord, help me cultivate a steadfast mind so that my sleep is not bothered by concerns or worries. Help me to preserve sound judgment and discernment, so I will be safe and secure in my sleep.
Short Prayer Before Sleep
Cultivating a habit of praying before sleeping is a way of appreciating God for His protection during work and hectic days. These short prayers before going to sleep will help you know how to give thanks to God and secure His watch over you. Here are quick prayers to say before bed!
51. Lord, you have been my guiding angels during my day thank you for the night that you allowed me to come.
52. Father, you gave strength to your children to walk through a hectic day like today. It is not by my power, therefore, I give glory to your holy name Jesus.
53. Thank you Jesus for today, and the grace you bestow upon me to see you in all my ways.
54. As I sleep tonight oh Lord, I choose to hold your hand by my side, live with you, believe you, and have my faith in you for sounds sleep in Jesus’ name.
55. I come to sleep under your protection tonight oh Lord, guard my heart, protect my mind, and cover my whole being with your love, as I place all my trust in you.
56. In my sleep tonight, may I dream good dreams and arise again tomorrow to thank you, my Father.
57. You have been my shelter throughout my hectic day oh Lord, guide me under your warm Love as I sleep.
58. I allow myself to rest, to wind down, and to be still. Help me to surrender all I am to you, my fatigue, my concerns, my hopes, and my fears in Jesus’ name.
59. I am so tired, Father. Help me to sleep now, restore my energy, cover my feelings, and watch over my mind because I rest in you tonight.
60. Lord Jesus thank you for the gift of life, as I lie down to sleep let your grace be sufficient for me.
Prayer To Sleep Well At Night
Starting up another day with good memory happens when you have a good night with a pleasant thought. For the sweetest of dreams, try saying one of these night prayers before you hit the hay.
61. As I lay down to sleep, wake me again by your grace and keep me in a joyful, lively remembrance that whatever happens, I will end up a winner someday.
62. Heavenly Father, who gives rest to His children I pray that you watch over me with a peace that passes all understanding as I lay down to sleep tonight. I ask that You would ease the load of the burdens I am carrying and give rest to my soul.
63. Dear Jesus, teach me to daily lay all my burdens on like an infant.
64. Blessed Jesus, hear me and bless your child tonight and keep me safe till the dawn of a new morning. Amen.
65. Almighty God, as I want to sleep tonight, radiate your light on me and cause your goodness to shine upon me to give me a good night’s rest in Jesus’ name.
66. Lord Jesus, for the day, is past and the evening is at hand. Be my companion and make me have a sweet sleep, that I may know you as the Scriptures have shown us.
67. Thank You Jesus because you are my Saviour and have promised to be with me throughout the long night hours. Keep me safe from my thoughts and help me to hand all my cares over to You, as I sleep tonight.
68. I pray, Father of the universe that You will make me lie down in peace, rest in safety, and make me sleep soundly and securely, knowing that You are my present help, my fortress, and the rock of my salvation.
69. As I settle down to rest, I ask that my sleep will be refreshing and invigorating so that I may rise early in the morning, ready for the tasks of the day. Amen.
70. Dear Father, Give me a good night’s rest I pray, and help me not to allow my thoughts to wander around but make me settle down securely in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Pray Before Sleep Quotes
71. Amazingly, another day is over. I pray that I have a good night, sleep well, and look forward to tomorrow.
72. May the grace of the Lord keep me through the night till tomorrow.
73. As it is discovered, what you feed your mind during the day will affect the quality of your sleep at night. As I lay down to sleep, may the Lord keep me from the anxiety of today and give me a good rest.
74. As I lay all my upsets at God’s feet, may He soothe my troubled mind. On this very night, I pray to enjoy the sweet memory of God’s goodness glowing brightly within me to give me sweet dreams.
75. Being involved in a good night prayer can change lives as well. I pray as I sleep tonight, I take every authority over every activity that happens in the night in Jesus’ name.
76. I put myself in God’s hands tonight and pray that He will lead me in the right direction through the journey of the night.
77. Going to sleep at the same time and waking up at the same time is essential for getting a good night’s sleep. I receive the grace to have a good night’s sleep in Jesus’ name.
78. Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your night’s prayer.
79. To have a good night, give all your worries, and concerns to God in prayer. I put all and left with nothing to God in my sleep tonight.
80. Dear God and Father, keep me till the next day, and guard me safe from every harm, I pray in the name of Jesus.
Psalm To Read Before Sleeping
Reading the Bible especially the book of psalms before sleep puts you in a state of relaxation which, consequently, makes you sleep well. These psalms for peaceful sleep will help you know where to touch the hand of God and find good rest in His blossom.
81. “Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.” (Psalms 32:7).
82. “For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore.” (Psalms 16:10-11).
83. “When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.”( Psalms 56:9).
84. “The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see [my desire] upon them that hate me.” (Psalms 118:6-7).
85. “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” (Psalms 23:1-4).
86. “For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living” (Psalms 56:13).
87. “It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.” (Psalms 127:2).
88. “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.” (Psalms 18:2).
89. “But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.” (Psalms 37:39).
90. “Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.” (Psalms 105:15).
Prayer To Recite Before Sleeping Christian
At the end of every day when it’s time to go to bed, there’s nothing better we can do than to give it all to God. To lay down our worries and cares. To thank him for His blessings and His presence through every hour of the day.
Prayer to recite before sleep will inspire you how to give thanks to God for His faithfulness towards you and your family.
91. Dear Jesus, I give thanks to your holy name for the blessing of today and your goodness in it, I’m grateful for the gift of life.
92. Dear Lord, I ask for your peace to surround me tonight, help me to lay all my worries and struggles down before you and keep reminding me that you can carry it so much better than I ever could. May your power and your rest fill me freshly, even as I sleep. Amen.
93. Everlasting Father, I choose to find rest in you and faith over fear. Thank you that you are my refuge and strength, a very present help in times of uncertainty or trouble. May you be my refuge as I sleep tonight. Amen.
94. I thank you Jesus that you never sleep or slumber, you’re always at work, even in the dark of night. I pray for your blessings to cover me, that you would make every plan you’ve birthed in my heart to succeed at just the right time and set our path for tomorrow.
95. Help us to be alert to your spirit so that our hearts would be eager to hear your voice as we awaken in Jesus’ name.
96. As we lay down to sleep, help us to feel refreshed deep down in our souls, and to be faithful to walk in the wisdom of your word.
97. Dear Lord, we ask for your angels of protection to surround our families through the night in Jesus’ name.
98. Under your shelter we are about to sleep oh Lord, may your power and your rest fill us freshly and the presence of your Spirit breathes hope deep into our souls, even as we sleep.
99. Thank you because, through every weakness and a hard place, your strength is displayed in our lives. We can’t do it on our own. But you can work miracles, in us, through us.
100. Lord Jesus, cleanse our hearts and renew our minds in you, as we lay it all to rest.
Evening prayers help us to have a good night’s sleep. Praying helps us calm our hearts and minds and have good rest. When we turn our hearts and minds to God we can retire worries and remember the blessings of the day.