Retirement is one of the greatest milestones in our life where we end a phase and start a new one. It’s that time when we no longer need to rush out for work and spend long hours at the office again. Anyone who has worked hard till certain age deserves to withdraw from work and get retired.
However, the moment could be emotional as we are also saying goodbye to the amazing people we’ve met at work, and those exciting and fun moments we enjoy. You might need to send emotional retirement messages or quotes to express your feeling to your colleagues as you leave for a new phase of possibility ahead.
If you have worked with a colleague for quite some years, there must have been some level of attachment that has been built between both of you that will make it impossible for both of you to want to go your separate ways. Departure from each other can be very painful and emotional and how to best communicate the emotions is by sending a retirement message to the retiree!
Do you know someone who is going on retirement but you are not sure of what to say or the right retirement messages to send to them? Check out this page for emotional messages to help you send them off on a new phase of a great adventure.
Related topic: messages for the last day at work
Retirement Wishes Quotes
Below are emotional retirement messages for your use:
1. I will greatly miss you all, I will miss the work environment and the beautiful people there. Thank you all for making my work here worthwhile, God bless you all.
2. Here’s a big thank you from me to you my amazing colleagues. Thank you for making me look good for all these years. You are all amazing, and I’m sure you will do great jobs even after I’m gone.
3. Throughout my working period, I never dreaded Monday morning, because you all made the workplace an interesting place to be. Thank you all, and God bless you.
4. I want to use this medium to thank all the staff and management of this great organization. Thank you for giving me the chance to express my skills and talent. It’s my last day of working here, and I am grateful for all the years I used.
5. I’m so excited to start the next phase of my life as a retiree but trust me, I will miss you all. I will fondly remember those beautiful years I spent in this company.
6. As I’m retiring today, It’s harder than you think for me to write this message, I will surely miss everyone in this organization.
7. I wish you all the best in your career. As I retire from working today, I leave you with joy, strength, and happiness
8. I’m glad I spent my last 35 years with an amazing set of colleagues like you. It’s such an honor working with you. Thank you for making my retirement a fulfilling one, knowing fully well that I touched lives during my service years.
9. Amazing set of colleagues like you are so hard to bid goodbye to, however, I must do the needful as today marks the last day I’m working in this organization. I will miss you all, however, I look forward to a great retirement journey.
10. Thank you for making me love my job. You make the workplace great to be, and I will surely miss you all.
Heartwarming Retirement Quotes
11. Instead of me saying goodbye, I’ll rather say I will see you later, because definitely, we will surely meet again, someday, somewhere, outside the workplace.
12. The most beautiful thing about retirement is that you’ve got the chance to spend your time with those you love, doing what you love.
13. Retirement is just like that vacation we went for, which never ends. I wish you will return here again.
14. Retirement is that beautiful stage of your life when you don’t have to worry about getting caught and fired doing nothing.
15. When you are retired, you no longer see Fridays as the best day of the week, because all days are!
16. You can retire from your job but never retire from our mind. Your impact will be greatly felt. You will be missed.
17. Retirement is that period when you get to start enjoying the things you couldn’t enjoy before. You have labored for years, now enjoy it to the fullest.
18. The beautiful thing about being retired is that you no longer need to request time off! Keep forging ahead!
19. Think about retirement as a 6-month holiday that you got twice a year, for the rest of your life. Enjoy your retirement season, Sir
20. The best part of retirement is that you will now have the time to ‘spoil’ your grandkids. Make sure you make the most of the season.
What Are Some Good Retirement Quotes
21. Thank you for being such a great employee over the years, you will be greatly missed. It will be difficult to forget your contribution to us. Happy retirement.
22. We have learned so much from your skills and experience, thank you for all you did. We wish you never left at all but as it is now, you just have to leave us. Happy retirement.
23. You’ve always been our source of inspiration and encouragement to be the best version of ourselves. We wish you all the best as you are retiring today.
24. Enjoy your retirement, we hope you continue to impact the world around you outside the workplace.
25. Congratulations on your retirement, thank you for impacting so many lives.
26. In sincere appreciation for all your dedication and commitment to your work, we all want to say, thank you for being a great employee. We wish you the best in life as you retire home.
27. We wish you the best retirement ever. We hope you enjoy this new phase of your life where you are now your boss.
28. Happy retirement, we hope you make the most of your days and enjoy your freedom.
29. Enjoy the moment when your weekend will now last for seven whole days. Wow! What an awesome season of your life. Have a joyful retirement.
30. We wish you a restful, but exciting and active retirement life. The best kind of life awaits you. Have a great life ahead!
Related topic: farewell thank you messages to boss
Creative Retirement Messages
31. Welcome to the finish line. We are grateful that you made it this far. We wish you an amazing retirement and a beautiful life after work.
32. Congratulations on your retirement, now the fun can finally begin! You have worked so hard, it’s time to enjoy a great life!
33. We are glad to rejoice with you as you have been promoted to the retirement phase of your life. Congratulations and happy retirement.
34. Now you can enjoy no pressure from the boss, no deadlines, and no company meetings. Congratulations! We wish you all the best.
35. You have been a great mentor, and I will never forget all you have taught me while working with you. Congratulations on your retirement.
36. No more clock-punching the product of hard work! Now you can sit back and enjoy. Life is to be enjoyed. Have an amazing retirement experience.
37. Thank you for everything you’ve done for the organization. I can’t imagine walking into the office and not seeing your face again. I pray your new phase of retirement is amazing and peaceful.
38. I’m so happy for you. You’ve had a successful career over the decades and it’s time to retire and enjoy, congratulations!
39. We know and recognize how hard you have worked for us. Thank you for all you did. We wish you a happy retirement.
40. We wish you the best in the next chapter you are stepping into. You have been an amazing leader to us all. Congratulations, and Happy Retirement.
Related topic: wishes for the career ahead
Spiritual Quotes For Retirement
Life is spiritual and one must take it spiritually. As much as it is good that one sends a message to a colleague retiring, sending spiritual quotes for retirement is also important. Below are spiritual retirement goodbye wishes and quotes to send to colleagues!
41. Rest is sweet after labor. We wish you a restful and peaceful retirement period.
42. The Lord has given you rest roundabout. Now you can rejoice and enjoy the blessings of the Lord. Happy retirement.
43. May you enjoy peace and all-round blessings as you start a new phase of retirement. God’s blessing shall be upon you.
44. As you start your retirement journey today, may God perfect all that concerns you and give you all your lost possessions. Happy retirement.
45. As you rest from your work today. May the doors of heaven be opened unto you and may your ground be wetted by the dew of heaven. Happy retirement.
Famous Retirement Quotes
46. Who wouldn’t want a weekend life every day? There you have it. Congratulations, and happy retirement.
47. It’s time for you to really enjoy life after work. Congratulations on your retirement. I wish you the best.
48. Retirement is the time for you to enjoy government money. Go ahead! You have contributed enough.
49. It’s that phase of your life when you don’t have to be scared of spending your whole life’s savings. Congratulations, you made it here.
50. Sometimes, when we reach the end of something, it’s also the beginning of something great. As you end your activities from work today, you are starting a new phase of a beautiful retirement period. Congratulations!
Related topic: Last working day message
Retirement Farewell Quotes
51. Retirement is that reward you get from putting up with an annoying boss and difficult co-workers, congratulations you are now very free!
52. Congratulations on your last day at work today. We hope your retirement is filled with nothing but joy and unending happiness.
53. It’s the time of your life when you don’t have to go set an alarm again while going to bed at night. Enjoy!
54. You are one of the great colleagues I have had the opportunity to work with. You deserve every bit of joy and sound health as you go on retirement.
55. Out of all the people I’ve worked with, I feel so privileged to say I’ve worked with you. I wish you all the best that retirement living has to offer.
Retirement Sayings For Coworkers
Do you need a retirement goodbye message to coworkers? Below are the beautiful ones on this page!
56. It’s great to see someone like you retiring because you really deserve it. I hope you will work just as hard at relaxing as you have been in the office.
57. After working so hard all your life, it feels so great that you can sit back and enjoy the fruit. I wish you sound health and peaceful retirement life.
58. Enjoy your newfound freedom. Congratulations on your retirement. I wish you the best.
59. Having a great co-worker like you is such a blessing. Congratulations on your retirement. I will miss you.
60. It’s time to shout goodbye to tension and say hello to pension. Congratulations, darling co-worker. I will miss working with you.
I hope you found this article very helpful? Feel free to drop your comments, and share this with your loved ones.