The bitter truth is that you can get sick no matter how much you love your job, or how competent and dedicated you are to your job as an employee, there will be times when you can’t make it to work. We’re all only human, and things like this are bound to happen. At times, people feel pressured to keep going despite their physical or mental illness. Calling in or out sick, most especially when feeling depressed or going through some emotional crisis isn’t a crime.
You will only damage yourself all in the name of I love my work, I don’t like missing work or probably they are afraid of losing their job and a boss’s negative attitude towards them. If you choose not to attend to your health when you break down someone else’s will have to take your place.
Officially, you need to present your absence at work to your boss via email or text messages as fast as you can, I mean immediately you notice any sickness in your body that needs urgent medical attention. When informing your boss about your sick leave, go straight to the point without too much of an explanation about your illness and symptoms. Instead, make a brief explanation of why you’re taking sick leave and state your approximation of the time you’ll be away.
If your sickness is not severe and you feel that a day won’t be enough to recover from any kind of condition, it is appropriate to request your boss for a day or two days off from work. So, what and how should you text your boss when you are not unwell at work? Here are sick text message to boss examples you can send to your boss to see how diligent and dedicated you are to your work.
Call In Sick Message Example
1. Morning Sir, I’m not feeling too well today. I don’t think I can make it to work today majorly to avoid inefficiency and incompetency towards my job. I will need to take bed rest and relax back at home. But I will catch up on whatever undone work tomorrow.
2. I’m in bad shape. I woke up this morning with a temperature and a sore throat, so I won’t be able to come to work today. Please do well to call me at home if you need anything, and I expect to be back at work tomorrow. Thank you.
3. I think I will need to take an unexpected day off, I can’t come to work today due to a steady headache since last night. I will go see a doctor today to get treated and resume on Monday. I will also make sure to send my help in a little way I am while I rest in bed.
4. Hi manager, I appreciate your constant concern, support, and cover. I feel so crunchy this weekend I can’t feel my body and I don’t think I have the strength to step out tomorrow for work. Please do well to convey my message to the boss that I call in sick. Thank you!
5. I’m sorry to inform you that I won’t be as to make it to work today. I woke up very sick this morning but I already informed one of my colleagues to work on my behalf. I should be strong enough to resume work tomorrow unfailingly.
6. The food I ate during lunch made me feel sick, I think I will need to get some pills at the pharmacy and then take bed rest from there. I will keep you updated as the day comes to an end if I will be coming tomorrow or not.
7. I don’t think I will make it to work today I feel torn down. The way I feel within my body requires immediate medical attention. I apologize for the lack of notice but I do appreciate your understanding. I will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss my presence on Monday.
8. Hello Boss, unfortunately, I have been puking all morning so I won’t be able to come in for my night shift. I’m on my way to see a doctor to ensure my safety I will keep you posted on when my resumption date.
9. I’m sorry I couldn’t call or text earlier, I was rushed to the hospital 2 hours ago I was told I collapsed all of a sudden and a test was run that I was short of blood due to stress. I’m Laid up there’s no way I can get off the bed. But before today runs out I will make my intentions know about tomorrow’s work.
10. After taking the syrup prescribed by the doctor yesterday I feel so giddy and weak. I will not be coming to work today due to my state of health and to avoid messing up work because of my dizziness.
Related topic: sick mail to managers
How To Text Your Boss Example
11. I won’t be able to come to work today I felt weak and tired last night and am not getting any better this morning. Please kindly grant me a sick day off to get medical attention to consulting my doctor before the illness takes over my body.
12. I’m so down with a cold this morning after the vigorous exercise yesterday that I won’t be able to come to work today as I take time to rest. Meanwhile, I will be available to assist on the phone in case of any urgent matter. Thank you
13. Good morning Sir, I’m a bit under the weather and unfortunately will not be able to come to work for a few days. I have arranged for someone from my team to continue my task. I will go for a medical check-up and let you know about my condition as soon as possible.
14. Dear Madam, I felt unwell last night and was rushed to hospital. I am currently under treatment. Even though my condition has improved, I won’t be able to come to work because I need enough time to rest and recover fully. So kindly give me a few days off from work.
15. Good morning Sir, I wasn’t expecting this but I woke up feeling a bit ill today, and I think I am not fit to work today but should seek medical attention. Kindly give me a sick leave to get treatment and recover from the illness. Also, allow me to appoint my colleague to do my tasks in the meantime.
16. I’m not feeling well today and, I feel uncomfortable coming to work. But I will do my best to check my email to stay on top of anything as a matter of urgency I would love to see a doctor to examine my situation. I, hence, request a day off from work and some time to rest.
17. Hello Boss, I do need some days off from work. I have been diagnosed with measles and I will be on treatment for the next few days. I hope to recover on time so that I can cover up the undone files and save them. Please remember me in your prayers as well. Thank you.
18. Dear Sir, unfortunately, I had an accident at home and got seriously injured. So I have been rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment today, and therefore, I request a day off from work. Thanks for your concern, and I apologize for any disappointment.
19. I will not make it to work in the next few days due to an unexpected illness. I’m feeling ill today and I won’t be able to make my shift later but I already make a turn with my fellow workers. I will keep you posted as I notice any improvement soon.
20. Hello Boss, I won’t be able to show up for work today as I need to go for a check-up. I begin to feel this sharp pain inside of me. I will need to consult my doctor for an X-ray to know what is happening and the way forward to cure or treat it to avoid a severe situation. Thanks for your consideration.
Relevant topic: absence from work messages
Out Sick Today Message
21. Good morning Manager, I’m deeply sorry for the last-minute text message. I’m suddenly unwell and I will like to take a sick day. I have swapped with someone who will be able to cover my shift in my absence. I will confirm with you tomorrow my intention about the following day. Thank you.
22. Hello Boss, it is quite unfortunate that my message is coming in late but I’m not feeling too well in my body and I won’t be available at my desk. Though I don’t have a pressing schedule with any customers. I hope to be better and able to work the following day. Have a good day Boss!
23. I wouldn’t know I will be waking up this morning with a severe headache and I don’t think I will be able to work effectively under this ache, but I will get to see my doctor to tend to it. I hope to be back the following day but will keep you in the light. Thanks for understanding!
24. How I wish I could help this cold so that I can make it to work and attend to my customers to cover up on my target for this month but I am helpless. I hope to be in tomorrow. If anything changes, I will contact you immediately. Thanks in advance for your understanding!
25. Good morning Ma, it seems I can’t make it to work today I have been down since midnight and wasn’t getting any better at all. I’ve already reached out to my desk mate who will be delivering the presentation today in my absence. Thanks for your kindness.
26. Hello Boss, I currently have a fever and have reached out to my physician to provide me with a medical report for your records. I’ll go ahead and set a memo to inform people that I am unavailable, and will continue to update you as necessary. I’ll do my best to check my memo while I’m out to see if there are any pressing matters. Thank you for your understanding!
27. Good morning Manager, I wanted to inform you that unfortunately, I will be out of work the rest of the week as I have been knocked down with a severe cough and to avoid spreading it around the office. Please let me know if there are any company protocols as to how I should file my shift off, and I’ll take care of it immediately. Thank you.
28. Despite that I know today is a big day for the company and I have a presentation to host but am so sorry I can’t make it. I was rushed to a general hospital earlier hour of today. I have been diagnosed with an infection in my foot that needs instant surgery. I shall keep you posted immediately am out of the theatre room. Thank you.
29. Morning sir. I’m sorry to inform you that I developed a sore throat last night and I won’t be available to take the presentation. In case it doesn’t sit well with you for another person to take the presentation. If you would prefer to reschedule the presentation date, I’m happy to deliver it at a later time. Thank you for understanding.
30. Good morning Boss. I feel so bad this morning that I won’t be able to come to work. I had a motor accident on my way coming though and I have been rushed to the hospital. I would like to take some days off to tend to my injury. Till my return, I will pick up where I’ve left off.
Relevant topic: excuse letters for sick students
What To Say When Calling In Sick With A Cold
31. I’m incredibly sorry, I know this is short notice but I won’t be able to come in today. My cold is getting the better of me right now, and I’m feeling under the weather. I’ll be in touch again to let you know my condition.
32. Good morning Boss, my current mental health challenges are affecting my ability to carry out my work competently. I would love to take some days off and be in touch about my return to work by the end of today, I will email or call you to confirm my situation.
33. I’m not feeling any way better since yesterday I felt this sudden cold. So I feel I need to take an extended leave and have an appointment this week to discuss the issue with my doctor. I will update you after my appointment and forward the doctor’s report to you.
34. Hello sir, just recently I’ve been having a hard time with a persistent cold and am going to take a sick day today to try and rest up. I’ll be back tomorrow if I’m strong enough to work. Thank you for your understanding
35. I’m texting you to inform you that I won’t make it into the office today. I have been pretty sick for about a week now. I’m experiencing a high fever and cold and would like to use a sick day. Thank you.
36. Morning Sir, I’m dealing with a severe cold right now, so I’m calling to let you know that I’m not able to come in today. I’ll call tomorrow or drop you an email with an update as soon as possible
37. I can say this will come as a surprise, but I’m dealing with some emotional trauma at the moment I won’t be coming for a while, I’ll provide you with more details with immediate effect. Thank you for your understanding.
38. Hello madam, my heart aches to tell you I’m dealing with depression at the moment. I know I’m not able to perform well towards my work at my best so I’m going to need to take a break to recover.
39. I woke up with a high fever, cold, and cough this morning and am not ready to cause anyone sick by spreading it in the office. so I’ll have to take a sick day. I will keep you posted on my recovery. Thanks in advance for your mutual understanding.
40. Good day Sir, I hope you are fine. I’ve had some health challenges recently that are affecting my ability to function well on my day-to-day tasks. I need to take some time off to help me get ahead of the issues in time. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.
What To Say When Calling In Sick With Depression
41. Hello Boss, I’m so sorry for calling at the last minute to let you know that I need to take a sick day today. I’ll be in a better position to tell you more in a few days. I hope to be back on my feet soon. I will call you again if that changes.
42. I feel uncomfortable this morning I don’t think I can make it to work because I’m having a rough day in terms of my mental health. I need to use a day off my sick leave. I hope you understand though, I’ll call you again before dawn.
43. Good morning Ma, I won’t be in for work today. I’m requesting a day of sick leave. I have an internal injury condition and my doctor has advised me to take time off to recover from illness. So I’ll need a day off to recover.
44. Hello supervisor. How are you doing? I would like to take time off as I’m not in a good state of mind. Will it be possible to take sick leave for mental health reasons? If care is notating my condition is going to knock me down. Thank you for your understanding.
45 . Dear Manager, I’m very sure you are aware I’ve mentioned my depressive disorder before. Currently, the symptoms are not easy to manage and I think I’ll benefit from a sick day leave. I will keep you posted as time goes on. Have a good day!
46. My depression symptoms have worsened and it’s somehow difficult to bear. The antidepressant doesn’t work for me anymore. I need a day off to recover. As such, I’d like to put in a day of sick leave. Please let me know immediately if my leave has been granted.
47. I’ve been struggling with my frame of mind lately, not even my well-being in the right condition. I need to take a few days off sometime soon so I can begin to address the challenges I’ve been going through before they hunt me down.
48. I have been having a hard time managing stress, weakness in the body,dy and at the same time trying to balance my workload. As a result of these, my mental health has begun to suffer. would like to take a few days off to discuss these concerns.
49. I’m deeply sorry for the short notice but I won’t be able to come in today. I need to sort some things out based on my state of health. I’ll get back to you shortly with an update. Thank you for your patience. Have a nice day!
50. Good morning Manager, I’m feeling a bit unwell right now, My depression has been so severe I haven’t been able to move. I hope you don’t mind if I work from home today and I’ll update you later on how I’m feeling. More so, before today runs out I will let you know if I’m strong enough to resume tomorrow.
Related topic: letter for medical leave
How To Call Out Sick From Work Text
51. Hello Boss, how are you doing? I’m sick today and will need to take the day off to go to the doctor and relax to recover on time I hope to feel better by tomorrow, but I will let you know how I’m doing after my checkup. In the interval, my coworker has offered to cover my shift for the day. I appreciate your patience, Sir.
52. Hello supervisor, I’m not feeling too well today, and I don’t think I will be able to work effectively. I would love to take a day off to rest well and resume work the next morning. Thank you and have a nice day.
53. Today I’m not feeling too good. Good morning, sir, I have a cold and I would like to sit back at home to tend to it so that I can recover in no time. I will try to attend to the emails later in the day. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
54. I started feeling ill last night and I haven’t seen any improvement till this morning. So I want to use a sick day to see my doctor I will get back to you as soon as I get the doctor’s note. So I will let my intentions known later on how feeling.
55. I came down with the flu just this morning, and need to take the rest of the week off. My seatmate will cover for me today tomorrow and next. So I plan to resume work on Monday. I’m incredibly sorry for whatever inconvenience this might cause. Thank you for your understanding.
56. I feel so bad to inform you that I feel unwell to come in, despite knowing the workload on my desk. After visiting my doctor early hour of today she recommended taking a few days off. I hope to be well enough to return on Wednesday.
57. Good day Sir, I will be a bit late to work this morning I have a stomach upset as I would love not to be disorganized at work in the presence of customers. I should get back to work if I can later hour of today.
58. Hello madam, I have a fever and think I may be coming down with a severe illness, so I need to take a sick day today. I hope I’m strong enough to come in tomorrow, but I’ll check in later to let you know my situation as soon as possible.
59. I am not feeling well enough to work and don’t want to get anyone else sick. Because I have been diagnosed with a communicable disease that requires me to stay at home for a while. I will make sure I pick up from where I left things.
60. Morning Sir, I need to use a sick day or possibly a few days off. I started feeling sick yesterday and am feeling worse today with no single improvement at all. But I’ve gone to the hospital I will update you to let you know if I’m feeling well enough to come in tomorrow. Have a stress-free day sir.
Call In Sick Excuses
61. I won’t be able to log on for work today due to a severe menstrual cramp. I may be available to work from home later this evening but will keep you posted. I hope to be back on my feet tomorrow and continue with my duty. Thanks for your constant understanding, Sir.
62. I’m not feeling too well and will be out today and possibly tomorrow. I’ve already reached out to the team to update them on the two urgent proposals I’m working on. Let me know if you need any other information or documents from me. Otherwise, I’ll keep you updated on my condition as soon as possible.
63. Hello Boss, I’m unwell today and will need to take the day off to visit the doctor and have some time to rest. I hope to be feeling better by tomorrow, but in the meantime, my deskmate offered to help me out with my work for the week. I appreciate your understanding.
64. I have come down with nausea since Saturday night and I need to use a sick day today. I should be feeling better enough tomorrow to come back to work because I don’t want to get anyone in the office sick.
65. I was severely ill yesterday and visited the doctor who recommended that I need to take a few days off from work to rest. I will return to work as of when due. I already arranged for someone to cover up for me in the meantime. I will pick up from where I left off when am back.
66. I woke up not feeling too well, I need to take today and tomorrow off from work. But I already booked an appointment with the doctor. I will let you know my state of health and provide you with a doctor’s note once I get back from my appointment.
67. I feel unwell this morning and I don’t think I will make it to work today. I should be feeling better enough to come back to work on Monday next week but In the meantime, my assistant will be helping with my workload and I will be able to pick up from where she stopped. Thank you, Boss!
68. Hello Ma, I woke up feeling a bit under the weather this morning and I think I may have a stomach upset. I’m not going to be able to come today but I should be back to work tomorrow. While I stay at home to rest I will reply to customer emails as they come. I appreciate your understanding.
69. Dear Sir, I’m texting to let you know that I have a cough and I’m feeling a sore throat. I don’t know if it’s contagious. So I think is best I stay back home today. Later today this evening I will be awake to help the marketing team in customer relations online. I will be back tomorrow if there are any changes.
70. Good morning Boss, It’s quite unfortunate that I have to inform you of my illness and that I won’t be in sit today. I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. Please let me know if there’s anything I can help with while I’m home
Sick Text Message Example
71. I’m sincerely sorry for the last-minute message but I developed a fever and headache last night and it persisted till this morning. However, I have assigned one of my colleagues to handle my urgent responsibilities for the day so there won’t be any shortcomings.
72. Good morning Sir, I’m not feeling generally unwell and won’t be able to attend work I am suffering from food poisoning. But as I speak am on my way to the hospital to get treated for it. Thank you, sir.
73. I have a cold today. I need to take the day off so I can rest a little bit. I will come to work tomorrow if I get better. I talked to my desk mate and I gave her instructions on what to do and how plus some additional information. I will keep you updated on how I feel. If I have to see a doctor, I will make sure I bring you my medical report.
74. Good day Boss, Due to my unexpected sickness, I will not be able to make it to work today. I will be there tomorrow to finish up today’s undone task Thank you for your understanding.
75. Hello Boss, what happened is that I over-stressed myself during the strenuous exercise yesterday and feel weak I can’t make it to work I feel seriously ill today, and I think I need to take the day off.
76. Good morning Boss, I hope you’re well. I’m sorry to say that I’m unwell and won’t be able to come to work today. Is there a time we can talk over the phone later today? so that I can give you an update about the medical report.
77. I’m so sorry Boss, but I won’t be able to come to work today as I’m feeling unwell. I’ll keep you posted immediately am back from the hospital and be back in touch as soon as possible.
78. Dear Sir, good morning I’ve woken up feeling awful, tired, and weak. I’m not going to be able to make it in, I’ll let you know what my Doctor says. But I will be available later in the day to reply to client emails. Thank you sir
79. I’m not feeling well and I have visited a doctor to find out what’s wrong and he said I overstressed my limit and I will need to take some sick days to rest and recover. I’m not sure how long it will take but I will keep you posted about it.
80. Waking up this morning seems like hell I can’t move my legs well, so have gone for an x-ray to confirm and it shows on the report that there’s a dislocation of bone due to the football March we had with the other company yesterday evening. I will make sure to forward the x-ray report soon. I would like to take some days off to recover but I already arrange for a colleague of mine to cover in the meantime.