Money is one of the primary areas where Christians practice stewardship. Our capacity to get riches is a gift given to us by God, and we need to be conscious of how we utilize these resources to accomplish God’s task of spreading His kingdom and taking care of others. You will find encouraging words for offering and tithes on this page to enlighten you on the power of giving to the Lord.
Tithes and offerings have been the major way financial stewardship has been performed by God’s people. Church tithes are used to fund the church and its different activities, and a portion is typically sent to missions.
Tithes combined established the idea of giving to God first, then one’s desire, and gave a method to care for the needs of the less fortunate. Adopting a lifestyle of authentic giving is challenging. We all tend to live quite close-fisted. We are distrustful of anybody who pushes us to give away.
Paying our tithes and offerings displays a thankful heart that desires to give back to God a part of what He has given us—in truth, what is already His. This is our chance to show God that He is foremost in our lives. Tithing is a reminder that God is the provider of all we have. It is also God’s invitation to an outpouring of his goodness in your life.
In this article, points are enlisted to help encourage Christians to give and pay their tithes and offerings.
Words to Say Before Offering
Below are encouraging words for offering and tithes to make you give cheerfully to God your maker:
1. God has bestowed upon us overwhelming goodness, and we have come to give our all back to him as he has instructed in his words. May it be acceptable in his presence.
2. By giving to God, you have a chance to be brought into his presence, as he has generously given to us. Why don’t you honor God by coming into his presence with a bountiful gift?
3. The wealth that awaits us in paradise is incomparable to the one on earth; that is the most important treasure, and that is where our hearts should lie. By practicing tithing and offering, we show God that our heart lies in the richness of faith and spirit. Nothing is as wonderful as that which we will inherit in paradise.
4. A genuine way of paying homage to God is by tithing and offering; it is the same when we sing, pray, worship, and show God our thankfulness and awe. We glorify his name by practicing this.
5. As others look at us, let our lives be slanted towards heaven; let us reflect God. Our offering is a way to show that our lives are focused on God, that all things belong to Him, and that He does not need our money. A way to build our Christian life is by tithing and offering.
6. God entrusts us with His money, and everything we have solely belongs to him. As stewards of God, we are supposed to embrace generosity, return God’s resources to him, appreciate him, and wisely invest in his kingdom. As sons and daughters of God, we should let his glory reflect in our lives.
7. You will harvest what you sow in the Lord. We should give to get; God is enough to teach you this. It’s not just that we’ll obtain it, but in abundance, His teachings don’t suggest that only the affluent will be rewarded, but those who contribute with a good heart. Give so you can be blessed according to His riches in glory.
8. When you contribute, you don’t realize what good you have done. Know today that there is power in the gifts, offerings, and tithes you give. Your offerings open doors and push you into the presence of God.
9. If you realize that you serve no other person except God, it is not just about uttering it out of your mouth. You should demonstrate it tangibly by donating. By paying your offerings and tithes, God doesn’t need your gifts, but he has asked for them to know if he is trusted as “God first” in everything.
10. God gave us riches to serve and benefit others, and when we embrace that viewpoint, it becomes easy to be generous with money, which is needed to grow God’s kingdom, show love to others, and express our confidence in the Lord. Give unto the Lord, The loving relationship with money can be harmful.
Message About Giving in the Bible
11. Your affluence in the spirit is affected by your attitude of giving; the more you contribute, the richer your life becomes. Giving is a fruit of the holy spirit.
12. What is in store for us in heaven is not as important as what we have here on earth. When we give and pay our offerings, we confess that our hope and reliance are not in our worldly prosperity but in our eternal riches. Donating frees one from selfishness and covetousness.
13. You can mirror the life of Jesus and His teachings by giving freely. Jesus always benefited others by giving, and He instructed us to do likewise. Giving connects us to spiritual things.
14. A method of relating to the covenant of bounty and reaping is by giving sacrificially. You are opening yourself to the flow of a huge harvest if you partake in this holy process.
15. Your role as a child of God is to give, which indicates that you grasp the nature of God and His endless blessings. He is the owner of everything, as all good and faultless things come from Him, and giving builds a connection between you and God.
16. God understands that people are inherently greedy and hang on to whatever they have; it’s God’s mandate that we give for the healing of our souls. As we give, we get ourselves to acknowledge the nature of God, and a reparatory work is being done on our hearts.
17. Providing and blessing humans is one of the ways God obtains thanksgiving so that you can bless others; God benefits you, culminating in overwhelming thankfulness to God. Be a source of blessing for others by giving.
18. An indication of a person’s reverence for God is a concrete act of giving. The act re-establishes in people the predominance of putting God first and the needs of others before our own, reminding us that God is the supplier of our needs.
19. God gives us the benefit of being able to amass riches. We do it for the people around us, yet we also do it to glorify God as stewards. Giving all will make God allocate blessings to you; His favor, grace, and mercy will be in abundance in your life. Remember, God, honors the desire to give and sees the heart.
20. It is stated in the scripture that a giver never goes through a time of lack, and an indication that you love God is simply by giving to His kingdom, church, and all church-related projects. Be a lover of Christ by giving.
Related topic: the importance of giving to the Lord
Short Tithes and Offering Messages
21. Do not only listen to the word and thus delude yourself. Do what it says. The Bible encourages us to be charitable, and we are expected to comply with this action promptly.
22. When you donate offerings, these contributions are utilized by the church in promoting the gospel. You then become a member of this course, and hence you receive the benefit.
23. Contributing to people and the church makes mercy speak for you in tough times and in place of evil judgment. Giving contains so much substance in the life of a believer.
24. God wants us to be loyal in contributing our tithes and offerings; loyalty in the things of God’s kingdom is a crucial trait we are to observe as Christians.
25. Paying your tithes and giving is the maintenance of your riches, your offerings pave the way for you and hold you through tough situations.
26. The needs of committed, full-time pastors in God’s kingdom are addressed when we donate our tithes and offerings, and they in turn will be able to be of great blessings to us.
27. When destroyers are trying to prevail over our lives, our tithes and offerings shut the doors against them and help open the gate of heaven.
28. Tithes and offerings assist in the place of prayer; they speak for you when prayers aren’t enough. Offerings are very important in the life of a Christian.
29. Tithes and offerings should be from the heart; it is about giving in love, not just giving alone. Let love lead when giving.
30. We have been obliged to perform the duty of sowing as children of God; however, God has the responsibility of making it flourish and bringing in the harvest.
Words To Say For Offering At Church
31. Refusing to contribute tithes and offerings means we are robbing God, and this act of robbery has terrible repercussions. Which will never have occurred if our offerings were contributed.
32. Tithes and offerings are spiritual sacrifices, not just physical items, and this investment will be rewarded when we get to paradise. Give, your reward awaits you.
33. Brethren, we should still be loyal in paying our tithes and making sacrifices to God. Even when it looks like we have little or nothing to contribute.
34. When you come with your tithes and sacrifices to present before God, you are in alignment with Him. God will only accept the sacrifice of upright people, so we should do it in the spirit and not in the flesh.
35. If we are diligent in providing our tithes and gifts, we open the way for others to contribute unto us even above what we gave originally; to get, you must give.
36. Health is related to being joyful, and an advantage of contributing tithes and offerings is that we get pleased and satisfied. Thus, if you’re going to always stay healthy, you should always deliver your tithes and offerings.
37. When you fulfill the instruction of God to contribute unto Him, you are performing an act of worship; worship is beyond praise before God, and real adoration is found in obedience.
38. I want you to donate according to how God has blessed you when we collect the offerings, so that you can be a conduit through which God’s blessing will flow to benefit others and that God might bless you abundantly.
39. By contributing to the Lord, you are sowing and will receive the harvest; do not allow the adversary to fool you into thinking that you are losing when in reality you are getting more. I encourage you, then, to give bountifully so you can receive in abundance.
40. Tithes and offerings create a closer relationship between you and God and also allow you to have more insight into things in God’s kingdom.
Related topic: quotes on giving and sharing
Exhortation about Tithes and Offering Verses
41. “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38)
42. “For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have.” (2 Corinthians 8:12).
43. “Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.”(Malachi 8:10).
44. “All who were willing, men and women alike, came and brought gold jewelry of all kinds: brooches, earrings, rings, and ornaments. They all presented their gold as a wave offering to the LORD.”(Exodus 35:22).
45. “But you shall seek the place that the Lord your God will choose out of all your tribes to put his name and make his habitation there. There you shall go, and there you shall bring your burnt offerings and your sacrifices, your tithes and the contribution that you present, your vow offerings, your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herd and your flock.”(DEUT. 12:5–6).
46. “God’s people faithfully brought in the contributions, tithes, and dedicated gifts.”(2 chronicles 31:12)
47. “Then the people rejoiced because they had given willingly, for with a whole heart they had offered freely to the Lord. David the king also rejoiced greatly. Therefore David blessed the Lord in the presence of all the assembly. And David said: “Blessed are you, O Lord, the God of Israel our father, forever and ever. Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand, it is to make great and to give strength to all”(1 chronicles 28:9-12).
48. ” On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come.”(1 Corinthians 16:2).
49. “Thus all the tithe of the land, of the seed of the land or the fruit of the tree, is the LORD’S; it is holy to the lord.”(Leviticus 27:30).
50. “And he blessed him and said, “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth; and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand!” And Abram gave him a tenth of everything.”(Genesis 14:19-20).
Read also: the power of prayer quotes
Tithe And Offering Scriptures in the New Testament
51. “We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy by your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then encourage; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.” (Romans 12:6-8).
52. “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”(Philippians 4:19).
53. “Jesus looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the offering box, and he saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. And he said, “Truly, I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”(Luke 21:1-4).
54. “In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.”(Acts 20:35).
55. “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”(Matthew 6:1-4)
56. “I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren to go to you ahead of time, and prepare your generous gift beforehand, which you had previously promised, that it may be ready as a matter of generosity and not as a grudging obligation…let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:5, 7).
57. “For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace.”(Hebrews 7:1-2)
58. “But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.”(Luke 11:42)
59. “Charge them that are rich in this world, that they are not high minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they are rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.”(1 Timothy 6:17-19).
60. “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.”(Hebrews 13:15).
Read also: prayer for your pastor
Scriptures On Giving Offering
61. “Honour the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine.”(Proverbs 3:9-10)
62. “The people rejoiced at the willing response of their leaders, for they had given freely and wholeheartedly to the LORD. David the king also rejoiced greatly.”(1 Chronicles 29:9)
63. “One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly but comes to poverty.”(Proverbs 11:24)
64. “Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.”(Proverbs 28:27).
65. “Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”(Luke 12:33-34).
66. “For in a severe test of affliction, their abundance of joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part. For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own accord.”(2 Corinthians 8:2-3).
67. “Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.”(Hebrews 13:16).
68. “A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great.”(Proverbs 18:16).
69. “But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.”(1 Chronicles 29:14)
70. “Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.”(Psalms 4:5)