Life has its ups and downs. Sometimes we are excited and all motivated, and sometimes we experience pain, loss, or discomfort. This season of life is very critical and your reaction during this period will greatly determine how you will come out of it; either made or marred, stronger or broken, bitter or better. At that point in your life when everything comes crumbling and it seems your life has stopped, you need prayer for strength and comfort to sail through and rise above the situation.
Praying this type of prayer gives you the hope and strength you need to keep going and helps you maintain a positive attitude which is needed for victory throughout the situation. What happens to you at the moment does not determine the outcome, what determines the outcome is your disposition to those things that happen to you.
I know trying to figure out how to pray and what kind of prayer to offer during this trying time could be overwhelming, that is why in this article, you are provided with a list of powerful prayers that you can offer to help you stay strengthened and comforted even when you are hurting or feeling down. Check them out here on this page.
Strength And Comfort Prayer
A powerful prayer for strength and comfort offered with faith in your heart will endue you with might from on high to overcome challenges around you. Pray the following prayers and see God wonders for you!
1. Dear Lord, at this point when my strength is failing, I look up to you. Please help me, cause your mercy to visit me and take away from me every pain and sadness.
2. In you alone oh Lord I put my hope. Let me not be put to shame. Please give me the strength I need to walk through this phase unscathed and let your name alone be glorified in my life.
3. My heart is truly broken, I feel weak and helpless, but one thing I’m sure of, you will never leave nor forsake me. Lord, I pray that you strengthen me and give me peace amidst my fear.
4. You alone are my God. You are my hiding place and comfort. Please let your grace keep me going in this trying time and let your power pull me out of this storm. Amen.
5. The Lord will protect me and give me comfort. He will shield me from evil and give me victory. I will rise above all my adversities and sing a song of victory at last.
6. Dear Lord, I know you have been with me from infancy. I am sure of your love for me even when things go sour. Lord, please help me to keep holding on to you amidst this storm and give me the peace and comfort that I need to scale through.
7. Dear Lord, I thank you because you have always been for me. I am sure that this phase shall surely pass. Please help me to stay strong and hopeful in you till the end. Amen.
8. Thank you dear Lord for this trial, for I know that this is a platform for my uplift. Please let your spirit comfort me and strengthen me to see you faithful even in this situation. Amen.
9. Lord please let your peace and comfort cover me in this season of my life. Protect me from evil and let your grace be sufficient for me. Amen.
10. Dear Lord, thank you for your love. Even when I walk through the valleys of the shadow of death, I know you are with me. Lord, I pray that you grant me the strength and comfort that I need to survive in this season. Amen.
11. Lord I seek solace from you. I pray that you watch over me, protect me from evil, and comfort my hurting heart.
12. My God, at this time when my heart is troubled, I seek your face. Cast me not away, my God. Strength me and let me experience your comfort.
13. Heavenly Father, according to your promise that you will never leave not forsake me, please let your strength and your comfort help me sail through this turbulent storm. Amen.
14. I cry out to you, my Lord, may my voice be heard. Please have mercy on me, deliver me from my adversaries, and grant me abundant peace.
15. My heavenly Father, you have been my help from the ages past. Today, I look up to you again. Please send help to me from above, and cause me to triumph over my challenges.
Related thought: powerful prayers for success
Prayer Of Encouragement And Strength
16. Dear gracious God, I look up to you as my only source of strength and support. This burden seems unbearable to me. Please help me as I take solace in you. Amen.
17. My eyes are fixed on you, Lord. You are my source of encouragement and strength. Please let me see your face today. Amen.
18. In my discomfort, I will trust you. When my strength fails, I will look up to you. For I know that in you I will find strength and encouragement.
19. Lord as I come before you today, may my weakness be turned to strength. Wipe my tears, refresh my soul, and give me hope in this hopeless situation.
20. Gracious Father, I come to you today, as I lift my hands in prayer, may I find grace and favor. Let my feeble knees be strengthened and my spirit be revived. Amen.
21. Whenever I call on the Lord my God, I know He hears me. In this assurance I call unto you dear Lord, please let my strengths renewed, and let my pain be gone.
22. The Lord is gracious and merciful, He will never leave me discouraged. Even when everything around me seems tough, I will not be scared because I know the Lord will come for me.
23. Dear God, I now to you today, I pray that you reach out your hand and rescue me. Save my life from destruction and let me experience your victory over this battle. Amen.
24. My Father and my God, I know this is a trying time for me, yet I will trust you. Please let your love encourage me, and let me find comfort in you. Amen.
25. I lift my hands to you in prayer, dear Lord. I pray that your mercy speaks for me today. Let my life be preserved and let me be comforted. Amen.
Related thought: prayer for sleep and healing
Prayer For Strength And Guidance
26. Though I am weak, I will trust your strength. Let your spirit breathe on me so that I may have life in me again. Guide my heart into your truth, and save me from destruction. Amen.
27. I will cast my burdens on you Lord because I know that you care. Please let me find help in your presence and let my joy be full.
28. Dear Lord, I pray for your guidance, please guide me, I pray for your strength, please strengthen me. Let my life be beautiful again and let your name alone be glorified.
29. Lord, before I was formed, you knew me. You know my future from the beginning. Please let your spirit guide me and let your strength be available for me.
30. Dear Lord, you have promised that you will never leave me not forsake me. Please lift me by your strength and guide my steps into the light.
31. Lord, I pray for your peace that surpasses all understanding. Please calm my troubled soul and give me hope for life again.
32. I am waiting on the Lord, my God who can save me from destruction. I know it shall not be long before my salvation shall arrive.
33. My heavenly Father, you are my guide and my guard, you are my shield and strength. Please let your help locate me and rescue my soul from harm.
34. Dear heavenly Lord, I pray that you grant me mercy. Strengthen me with your spirit. And let your mighty hand sustain me. Amen.
35. Dear Lord, please be my guide on this journey. Let your mighty hand uphold me and cause your face to shine upon me. Amen.
Psalms For Comfort And Strength
36. God is my refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. (Psalm 46vs1).
37. I lift my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and earth. (Psalm 121vs1-2).
38. The Lord will keep me from all harm—He will watch over my life; the Lord will watch over my coming and going both now and forevermore. (Psalm 121vs7-8).
39. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23vs4).
40. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for You alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. ( Psalm 4vs8).
41. For He will command His angels concerning me; to guard me in all my ways. (Psalm 91vs11).
42. The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know Your Name trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those of us who seek You. (Psalm 9vs9-10).
43. I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 16vs8).
44. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the Lord, who is worthy of all praise, and I have been saved from my enemies. (Psalm 18vs2-3).
Related thought: words of comfort and support
Grieving Prayer For Comfort And Strength
45. At this moment when my heart is broken and I am exhausted, I cry to you, my Lord. Please send your comfort to me from above and give me the strength I need to overcome.
46. Oh lord my God, I call unto you today, please be merciful to me. Heal my broken heart, comfort my soul, and let your joy flow into my heart again.
47. At this moment when my world seems to be crumbling before me, and my heart is overwhelmed. Dear Lord, I pray that you help me, strengthen me, and comfort me.
48. My dear Lord, I am grieving, please send your comfort, I am weak, please send your help, I am sad please cause your joy to flow in my life. Amen.
49. My God, please come to my aid, protect me from evil, strengthen me, and cause your spirit to revive my whole body.
50. Dear Lord, in this trying time let your peace guard my heart. Comfort my grieving soul, and give me the grace to stand strong.
51. My God, please consider me in my affliction and have mercy on me. Save me from the attack of the evil one, and protect my spirit, soul, and body from destruction. Amen.
52. I need you Lord at this point in my life. Rescue me, oh Lord from the deep waters and help me to keep trusting in you.
53. Dear Lord, you are my God. You know the end from the beginning. You know what is ahead of me. Even as I experience this loss, please help me to see a brighter future in you, help me to keep hope alive, and trust you forever.
54. You are my greatest comforter, please comfort my grieving heart. I am sick and weary, please revive me. Strengthen my feeble knees and let my body be quickened again. Amen.
Related thought: powerful prayers for the pastor’s strength
Prayer For Comfort And Strength For A Friend
55. Dear Lord, please grant my friend the strength to bear his loss. Comfort his grieving heart and grant him peace and joy.
56. This is a grieving time for me and my friend. Please watch over my friend, protect her, and send her your comfort as she passes through this hard time.
57. I pray that my friend finds solace in your presence. Grant him the strength to hold on to you and let her joy be restored. Amen.
58. Lord please comfort my friend. Help him to see your love in this situation. Help her to dwell in the truth of your word, and come out victorious. Amen.
59. Through this tough and turbulent season, Lord I pray that you keep my friend safe. Comfort her mourning soul and bring to her a season of refreshing.
60. Dear Friend, I pray that you won’t end up with this season. The name of the Lord will be glorified in your life in the mighty name of Jesus.
I hope you found this article helpful. Feel free to share with your loved ones and don’t forget to drop your thought below in the comment box.