Losing a loved one is a very painful thing. It gets more painful every time you remember you would no longer see that person smile, take a walk together, sing together, or do fun things together. The death anniversary of a loved one is always painful, it opens up the wound caused by the death of that loved one.
“Thinking of you on the anniversary of a death” has prepared some comforting messages with which you can comfort the grieved. Offering words of comfort and encouragement to a person during a death anniversary is a good way to show love and support. It is a moment where the affected would need all the love and support.
If you aren’t sure what to write to someone on the death anniversary of a loved one, this content has the right death anniversary messages with which you can uplift the soul of a grieved one.
Words of Comfort on Anniversary of Death
1. Thinking about you on this day. Today marks the day we lost a beautiful soul. I wanted to make sure you knew you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong, I promise to always be here for you.
2. It’s been a year since we lost (name). I know nothing can take away the pain you feel, but I ask that you be strong. We all love you.
3. Jamaes was such a wonderful person. Always willing to do what was right. I remember how I would always run to him for advice. I pray for peace and strength for you always.
4. It’s been one year since we lost Judith. You are always in my thoughts and my heart during this time. I think of you always, and I’m wishing you peace and strength.
5. No matter how much time has passed, the wound remains fresh. Jack was such a loving soul. We have to be strong, he would want you to still follow your dreams. I will always be here for you.
6. Mary was a wonderful and loving soul who we were blessed to have known. He would always have a place in my heart. I hope you can find strength and joy again. This is what he would have wanted for you.
7. I don’t know exactly what words to say. We all loved him. He made our lives beautiful. Thinking of you and yours during this difficult time.
8. I always have flashbacks of when I first met her. Her smile was so heartwarming. I miss her every day. I pray for strength for both of us daily.
9. Today marks one year since we lost [name] and we know you’re hurting just as we are. Thinking of you and yours during this time. We love you.
10. We would always have disagreements, but we still loved each other so much. It hurts every time it occurs to me that I will no longer see him. I will be sure to watch the sunset just like we always did with his/her thoughts in my heart.
What To Say On A Death Anniversary To A Friend
11. It hasn’t been the same without him. We had so many plans together. I hope we can move on from this sad moment. Let us be strong for him, this is what he would have wanted.
12. Today I am thinking of the time when we all went to (insert place) together. The beautiful memories we created. He said he would love to go back there again and now, he is no more. It just doesn’t feel the same without him. Even as we grieve him today, let’s also remember the beautiful moments.
13. Today I’m thinking of the time when [describe favorite memory] and how much that meant to me. I know everything seems different without her. I know I am not the best at comforting a person. I just wanted you to know that my prayers are with you.
14. This world is a little colder without [name] in it. He was our friend, he was a good person and he didn’t deserve to die. Well, we all will die someday, but let’s make sure to live a good life.
15. You have been through so much. It was your father three years ago, and now it’s your mother. I ask that you hold on to the beautiful memories you had with them, and let the desires they had for you push you forward. I love you.
16. Words for the first anniversary of the death of a parent are very painful things. The bond between a parent and a child is special and difficult to quantify. I hope you find strength and peace always.
17. I have never met a family as lovely as yours. They may be no more today, but they will always be in your heart. You are in my thoughts always.
18. Your mother had a great impact on my life. She was like my mother too. It hurts to know that I will never get to seek her advice anymore. She is my hero and I miss her so much.
19. Hey friend, I ask that you be strong. I promise to be there for you always. My family sends their regards, we love you.
20. The thoughts of your mother will always be in our hearts and minds. Today, we remember all the wonderful times we shared. She should be celebrated, not mourned.
Related topic: prayers for souls to rest in peace
Tribute On Death Anniversary
21. It’s a really cold day. Standing here, speaking about my friend is sad. I never thought I would have to say goodbye this early. He was truly a friend, the best friend ever.
22. After her death, I realized how much I loved her. I am hurt I didn’t get to tell her how much I loved her. I miss her so much. His/Her thoughts will always be in my heart.
23. Love grows more tremendously and swiftly as the years multiply. With every year that passes, I love her more. All I ask you is your love and prayers.
24. Mr. Harey was a father to me. He took care of me in the absence of my parents. I know I was stubborn and gave him a hard time, but he never gave up on me. I miss him so much!
25. He had a great soul, and he always did well. I miss him more and more each day. A year without him is almost too much to bear. I love him so much.
26. It’s been a year since she passed and her presence is always missed. She was a shining light, directing my path and that of many others. She will be dearly missed.
27. Miss Sharon had a great personality. Remembering and honoring her on this day, a year after this world lost her hurts just like it did on that day. We know we will see her again, clothed in the glory of the Father.
28. A year without him has been like passing through a stormy sea. He was like a lighthouse to me. Now, my life feels entirely dark. I pray to find the light again, never to be lost.
29. No one thought this day would come so soon. If I knew that the last conversation I had with him would be my last, I would have left him. I miss him so much. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
30. It’s been a year since he passed, and he is greatly missed. Everyone in the yard knows how great he was. His steaks were the best, he would always invite us over for a party. He will be greatly missed.
Remembering Someone on Their Death Anniversary
31. It feels just like yesterday. He was the sun that gave my life light. It just doesn’t feel the same without him. Every day I long to hear him call my name. Till we meet again!
32. I sure had beautiful memories with her. We had so much planned out together. It hurts that we will never get to fulfill those plans together. She was an amazing woman and incredibly loving too.
33. I have never met a loving and caring person like (person’s name). She always looked out for me. Even in her death, she remains the best thing that ever happened to me.
34. My mom was a good woman. She always wanted to do things the right way. She always had this thought that the world could be a better place if we all could work together. I promise her on this day to help make the world a better place by whatever means I can.
35. [Friend’s name], I wanted you to know that you’re in my heart and mind on this anniversary of losing your mother. She was an amazing woman and an incredibly loving soul.
36. Today marks the day you left us. Dear (deceased name), I am glad you were a part of my life. Thank you for always having my back. I will always love you.
37. Your father was one of the most important and bravest men I have had the opportunity to meet. This world has lost an amazing man. I miss him so much.
38. I have never met a loving and perfect person like him. His passion and desire for excellence are next to none. At least, he is now resting far away from the troubles of this world.
39. Today marks the 5th month since he died. I have not been able to get the thought that I could have saved him out of my head. Sometimes, I wish I had just done it.
40. Your mother was one of the most amazing women I’ve had the opportunity to meet. She was fearless. Always standing against injustice. She deserves to be celebrated!
Related topic: a better way to say rest in peace
Remembrance Messages Death Anniversary
41. It still hurts like it did when he died. My heartfelt condolences to his family members. I promise to support them in whatsoever way I can.
42. Today marks his 5th year’s death anniversary. He was a good boy, loved by all. We pray that his family gets the strength to overcome this painful season.
43. I remember when he was little and would always run to me, asking me to carry him. My hands feel so cold right now. I miss him so much.
44. What we have once enjoyed we can never lose, all that we deeply love becomes a part of us. You will forever remain in my heart.
45. I am thinking of you and praying for you today as you remember (deceased name). He/she was a great person. He had a good heart and wanted to see the world become a better place. I wish you comfort today and always.
46. A great soul never dies. (Deceased name) will always live on in our hearts. My family and I are ready to support you in whatever way.
47. Time heals all wounds. I want you to know that I am here for you. I know I can never take (deceased name) place in your head, but I ask that you let me help you.
48. Even as you remember this painful day, I hope you also think of the good times you had with him. My heartfelt condolences to you. I love you.
49. The dead never truly die, they only change form. We will never get to see him in this world anymore, but he will forever be closer than he has ever been. He lives on in our hearts.
50. Death is a painful experience to deal with. In the process of dealing with the death of a loved one, we are sometimes sucked into depression. I ask that even as you remember him, you also remember how much he impacted your life. Remember the fun moments you had with him.
Related topic: messages for remembrance of late dad
Remembrance Death Anniversary Quotes
51. Earth lost an angel on this day, two years ago. I still miss him the same. The pain is still the same, but I chose to dwell on the beautiful memories.
52. The pain never ceases away, and we always remember them. Praying for ___ on his/her ___th death anniversary.
53. I hope you know how much I miss you. Though it’s been __ years, it still hurts. Hope you are having a good time up in heaven.
54. Love never dies. My love for you will never fade away. I loved you when you were alive, I love you even in your absence.
55. As it’s been __ years since he/she left us, all I still pray is he/she is having a good time up in heaven with the angels. I miss you so much.
56. I hope you know I miss you so much. It just hasn’t been the same with you. It doesn’t seem beautiful to look at the stars anymore without you.
57. Regardless of the many years that have passed, I still miss you the same. The pain will never leave me alone, I swear. I love you.
58. I feel the emptiness of your absence every day. You were my sunshine, my only sunshine. Everything feels so dark without you.
59. On this day __ years ago, the earth lost a beautiful soul, and I can’t wait to be reunited with you, never to path again.
60. On this day, I cherish the beautiful life he/she has lived and the memories he/she has given us. May his/her soul find rest. Amen.
One Year Anniversary Of Death What To Say
61. Only a year has passed by since your death, but it seems like it’s been ten years. I will never forget you, brother.
62. Thinking about you on this day. The bond we shared was like no other. Though you are dead, our love lives on.
63. In loving memory of (deceased name). You were loved and you are still loved. You will forever live in my heart. I love you.
64. You were loved and will dearly be missed. I remember you took your last breath in my arms. Memories are all around us, here to remind us of you.
65. On your anniversary, I wish you continue to rest in peace. You lived a full life and died doing what you loved. Rest on!
66. It’s been a year since your demise and my love for you hasn’t flinched. I wish you were here with me. Rest on, my love!
67. It’s been a year since you lost your brother and it is very obvious you are still in so much pain. I pray the Lord comforts you with His Spirit.
68. We remember you on this day. You were our hero and you still are. This hood is never going to forget you. You live on!
69. We are sorry for your loss. Thinking of you today and always. Our hearts and prayers are always with you. Take care of yourself.
70. It is a difficult thing to lose a loved one. I can’t imagine the pain you are still going through even though it’s been a year since he left us. I hope you find comfort and joy again.